Tuesday 31 January 2017

First Days

I am slowly being absorbed back into the Pearson bubble - blogging, connecting, sharing, learning...it's so familiar to be back here.  It feels seamless yet different.  Tensions between the place that I knew and the place where I now exist.

The tiny home feels like a tiny sanctuary. It is cozy, warm, inviting, and smells like trees.  I am sleeping soundly and feeling refreshed when I wake up.

It is becoming apparent to me how busy life is here.  There is always so much to do.  When it comes to mental health on campus, there is a lot of work to do and also a lot of exciting initiatives and energy surrounding the topic.  Today we have a "Collaborative Space" where members of the community can interact and work together on projects. I'm excited to go!  Tomorrow I am leading a workshop on emotional resilience and effective communication.  Fingers crossed, everything goes well!

The conversations I have had so far have been fruitful and insightful.

Feeling so much gratitude!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Emmy, I am very glad that you felt warm and cozy inside my tiny home. That makes me feel very good. When I first had this idea, it felt like a really good way to create a space for other alumni to return and bring something of themselves back to the college from different points in their life journey. Later, while I was in Malawi, I realized that it also felt good just to have this connection with other alum, even though we have never met. There is something about sharing a living space that creates a connection. All the best, Dani

    ReplyDelete