Monday 30 January 2017

Beginnings

After a perilous drive through the dark Metchosin streets, stars beaming down overhead, I finally made it home.  Pearson College has always felt like home to me.  Samuel and Bere, two of my dearest housefellows/friends/mentors from my time at Pearson had the keys to the beautiful tiny home and the moment I walked in I felt the magic return.

I have been looking forward to my time at Pearson College as alumni-in-residence for a very long time.  It feels like I am opening a new chapter of my life.  I certainly am wearing some rose-tinted glasses and I am so excited about my time here. I am excited to share what has helped me over the last 5 years, to support mental health, and to listen.  Mostly, to listen. 

Today is a day full of meetings and a Life After Pearson talk.  

My goal while I am at Pearson is: to provide tools and strategies for difficult times to promote balance, resiliency, positive communication, and excellent mental health at UWC.

It’s going to be a jam-packed two weeks.  Ready…Set…Go! J

1 comment:

  1. I am sure that the students enjoyed having you with them even for a short time, Emmy. All the best, Dani

    ReplyDelete